Flarf Community Index du Forum
ProfilSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés Membres Groupes S’enregistrer Connexion

Data merge - problems with CSV file
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Flarf Community Index du Forum » La Communauté » Présentations
Sujet précédent | Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Shawnturner

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Jeu 30 Nov - 14:06 (2017)    Sujet du message: Data merge - problems with CSV file Répondre en citant

Hi, 
I am new to InDesign - using CS4. Have two questions regarding a data merge from a CSV file. 

First, I received an initial error when I selected my CSV document as the data source. The error said there were blank cells within the document. My document was originally an Excel doc of addresses (I am trying to print envelopes), and there are blank cells in the "Country" column for domestic addresses. The cells for other non-US countries have been filled in. Is there any way to avoid this error? I only want the country printed on some of the envelopes.

Second, many (not all) of my name and address cells within the CSV document include multiple lines of text within the cell (I used ctrl/command for a second line). The data merge in InDesign causes these entries to mess up, so that one address splits up and appears on two different envelopes. The only way I can think to get around this issue is to edit the CSV file to create additional columns (i.e., Name 2 or Address 2) and copy / paste the second line of text there...however, this would take hours. Also, there would be blank cells for entries that did not have a second line of text...which brings me back to my first question.

Thank You!!!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References
forums.adobe.com/thread/760882

Best business Whiteboard animation 

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 30 Nov - 14:06 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Flarf Community Index du Forum » Présentations

Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Sauter vers:  

Page 1 sur 1

Index | Panneau d’administration | faire son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Flarf community
Avec la participation de:
pacOver, Unholy, MaTrixRaZgriz and Cold-FX